[Baypiggies] Links and comments from tonight's meeting

Hy hy at moduleq.com
Fri Mar 29 07:19:35 CET 2013

Thank you to Monte, Meredith, Melanie, [M]Tony, and me for tonight's summaries of PyCon talks.

Here is a link to the slides for Raymond's talk, which is the basis for all of my examples:
https://speakerdeck.com/pyconslides/transforming-code-into-beautiful-idiomatic-python-by-raymond-hettinger

The slides may be downloaded as a PDF, if you wish.

Here are links to other excellent talks that we referenced tonight:
https://speakerdeck.com/pyconslides/applepy-an-apple-emulator-in-python-by-james-tauber    [as described by Tony]
https://speakerdeck.com/rwarren/a-brief-intro-to-profiling-in-python   [not PyCon, but fantastic!]
https://speakerdeck.com/pyconslides/sqlalchemy-session-in-depth-by-mike-bayer   [referenced though not described per se]

Most of the other talks mentioned were tutorials, and it may not be appropriate to post links to their slides.

As Tony announced, we are looking for an April speaker. Please send your talk ideas to the list and suggest which month you would like to speak.

Please stay tuned for an upcoming developing Python with Vim hack night in SF: I will post a signup to the SF Python meetup group in a few days.

Thanks,
Hy