[Baypiggies] FYI. installing fabric for the Mac and Fedora (Linux)

Kevin Wright akwright at mac.com
Sat Jan 26 02:24:44 CET 2013

Hi,

Some quick info I wanted to share with the list.

I have been having an interesting time working on setting up some automation using fab. It's pretty easy and very convenient. I would like to thank Stephen for taking the time to share his knowledge with us.

I realize that some people use pip and easy_install but I found some other ways to install fabric.

1) Mac
I use Mac Ports. The command is simply:

$ sudo port install py-fabric

2) Fedora

$ yum install fabric

I'm assuming that the debian distributions also have fabric available in their repos.

Cheers,
--Kevin