[Baypiggies] More information about PIL

Garrett Davis garrettdaviscpa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 04:41:37 CEST 2013

Thanks to those of you who listened to me talk last night about PIL (Python
Imaging Library) and tolerated my car racing and scoring stories.

If you are interested in learning more about PIL, here are the links in the
presentation.

PIL overview: links to downloads and documentation
<http://effbot.org/zone/pil-index.htm>
http://effbot.org/zone/pil-index.htm

 Pillow: the sequel <https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow>
https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow

 The PIL Handbook - updated to PIL version 1.1.6 (but not 1.1.7)
<https://effbot.org/imagingbook>
https://effbot.org/imagingbook

 PIL documentation at New Mexico Tech, downloadable as PDF
<http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/pil/>
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/pil/

 Image-SIG [PIL] user group
<http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/image-sig/>
http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/image-sig/

Wikipedia article about the 'Lena' image<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenna>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenna

and if you didn't believe my story about the Indy-car race scoring problem:

Wikipedia article about the
race<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_True_Value_500>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_True_Value_500

and if you like looking at pictures of race cars, with watermarks applied
by Google App Engine which uses a variant of PIL or something similar:

Chuck Koehler Photography <http://cwk-photo.appspot.com>
cwk-photo.appspot.com

Enjoy,
Gary Davis