[Baypiggies] PEP7 and indent

Sean Perry shaleh at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 9 18:16:25 CEST 2013

On Aug 9, 2013, at 7:44 AM, Glen Jarvis wrote:

> Ugh. Tabs. But, like any style guide, you don't have to like it. Just do it to make it consistent. So, I adopted that standard and have been using the above indent options in this project (it's not a Linux kernel project, just a C program).
>
> Today is a "I can't do tabs anymore, it just feels dirty" day. So, I am poking around to see if I can find an ident example that enforces PEP7. I haven't been successful.
>
> I am not looking for .vimrc (or even emacs rcs) to do the equivalent, but the indent command line options to enforce the PEP7 style (or at least the most obvious things that can be enforced). Does anyone use indent to help catch the more basic mistakes?  What options do you use for PEP7 style?

Sorry to bring an argument against but.... We always made it the developer's problem. The tools never quite get it right and it makes for noise in the revision control system as things "jostle" around a little.

I always seem to lose the tab argument at work. Apparently not everyone's editor is all that smart.......