[Baypiggies] Python Standardized Skill Scoring Chart

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 17 22:50:27 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013, J. R. Carroll wrote:

> Where am I going with this is that we have TONS of experience on this
> listserv (and I'm currently living in Boston and the Boston python group is
> huge as well) - I'd advocate about taking a more formal process in this
> development by leveraging all of our skills and designing something as a
> group/python-cult.  If there is interests in putting together a list of
> KSAO's (knowledge skills abilities, and 'other') Im wondering if the PSF
> would be interested in somehow using it as well - seeing as there are a
> number of python forums that support job networking...

There has historically been strong opposition in the Python community to
anything that smacks of certification (the opposition mostly comes from
seeing the ugly mess that certification often/usually leads to).  So
that's something to be aware of and possibly careful about.

On the other hand, the Python community has also historically been very
positive in encouraging various approaches to learning and training.  So
presenting this as a learning/training mechanism would likely get better
traction.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But, in
practice, there is."  --Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut