[Baypiggies] Python Standardized Skill Scoring Chart

J. R. Carroll jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
Wed Apr 17 19:54:01 CEST 2013

I don't know of any python scales per-se, but I have done what is known as
psychometric work (as a psychometrician) for nearly a decade (which
includes conducting job/task analyses, construction of a requirements
blueprint (test blue print), and then systematically outlining these
requirements into testable/observable/quantitative 'bullet points' that
others can then use for hiring decisions or ...

Where am I going with this is that we have TONS of experience on this
listserv (and I'm currently living in Boston and the Boston python group is
huge as well) - I'd advocate about taking a more formal process in this
development by leveraging all of our skills and designing something as a
group/python-cult.  If there is interests in putting together a list of
KSAO's (knowledge skills abilities, and 'other') Im wondering if the PSF
would be interested in somehow using it as well - seeing as there are a
number of python forums that support job networking...

If there is sufficient interest, I'd love to help/volunteer.  Then again,
it might be overkill for what you (and others) are thinking about... but,
fun to consider nonetheless!

-J

----

J. R. Carroll
Independent Researcher through Hurtz Labs
Research Methods, Test Development, and Statistics
www.jrcresearch.net
www.ontvp.com
Cell:  (650) 776-6613
Email: jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net