[Baypiggies] Looking for volunteers to take over the Baypiggies meetings in the South Bay

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 22:11:20 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

There's a good chance that I'll be out of town for the April Baypiggies
meeting.
We do have someone interested in doing a presentation, I expect that his
abstract will be emailed to me early this week.

Regarding the future of the Baypiggies meetings....

I've been recruiting presenters for the Baypiggies meetings for quite a
while now, it's time to pass the reigns onto other people.
Ideally, this responsibility should be shared by more than one person, so
that there is always someone to cover the meetings.

Additionally, I have been the liaison with several book publishers to
coordinate book distribution to reviewers and submit the book reviews
back to the publishers. This is an optional responsibility, but the group
can get discounts and other perks from the publishers,
not to mention free books in exchange for good book reviews.

This may sound like a lot of work, but most of this can be done via email
and/or your web browser.
Quite often, I've found presenters while I was attending presentations
other than Bapiggies  (SVLug, BArCMuT, ACCU, etc..)

Someone does need to physically show up for the presentations though, to
introduce the speakers and usher the meetings along.
The website also needs to be updated on a monthly basis as well.

If you are interested in doing this please contact me off-list, and I'll
fill you in on the details.

Thank you

Tony Cappellini