[Baypiggies] Any Django Guru's?

Barry Morrison bdmorrison at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:58:37 CEST 2012

Some background and a high-level overview perhaps to shed light on what I'm
working with.

Ubuntu 12.04 Server 32-bit
Nginx 1.1.19-1
uWSGI 1.0.3+dfsg-1

Django==1.4
PIL==1.1.7
argparse==1.2.1
distribute==0.6.24
wsgiref==0.1.2

root = /usr/share/nginx/www/hellodjango/  | root:root
venv = /usr/share/nginx/www/hellodjango/venv | root:root
db = /usr/share/nginx/www/hellodjango/db | www-data:www-data
project = /usr/share/nginx/www/hellodjango/hellodjango | root:root
app(s) = /usr/share/nginx/www/hellodjango/hellodjango/$app | root:root
socket = /usr/share/nginx/www/run | www-data:www-data

The above works. I can serve a Django site just fine. Though I'm certain it
is not the best way to deploy it.

I'm looking for do's, don't's, best practices, lessons learned, etc. etc.
Figured I'd reach out to the local Python community to see if I'd have any
luck.

I will of course continue researching the (insert word of choice here) out
of this until I'm confident I have the answers I need and am comfortable
with this being public.

Thanks again for your time.  Much appreciated!