[Baypiggies] json using huge memory footprint and not releasing

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Jun 15 23:44:55 CEST 2012

At 01:15 PM 6/15/2012, David Lawrence wrote:
>I'm happy to load up any memory profiler and see if it does better
>then heapy and provide any diagnostics you might think are
>necessary.  I'm hunting around for a large test json file that I can
>provide for anyone else to give it a go.

What happens when you take Python out of the equation?  Can you load
this up in a webbrowser error free?  Can you load it up in more than
browser version?  How much memory inder these conditions?

The 1.8 G is a indication to me there is something wrong.  It could
be underlying your inability to free memory as well.  ... or not but
it is a starting point.

I have been tearing out patches of hair over JavaScript (Json) going
into hang conditions  under Windows.  Sorry I am not much help on Ubuntu.

Dennis