[Baypiggies] Glen's talk on Virtualization

Marc Abramowitz msabramo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:52:34 CET 2012

Speaking of boto, it's actually the too entry on the Python 3 Wall of Shame. Very widely used library. No good Python 3 support yet. There are some efforts underway to remedy this which might be if interest to those looking for a project to hack on that will help advance Python 3:

- https://github.com/boto/boto/issues/1127
- https://github.com/boto/boto/pull/1156

The latter is a PR to try to make boto.ec2 work on Python 3. The tests pass but I haven't actually tried to use it, as my new job doesn't use EC2.
It would be useful if someone who uses EC2 regularly could give it a spin (Glen? ;-))

This could be fun to sprint on, at PyCon or elsewhere, like the BayPiggies sprint that Chad sugested at the last meeting.

-Marc
http://marc-abramowitz.com
Sent from my iPhone 4S