[Baypiggies] Fwd: Reminder - Tonight: SF Python meet-up featuring Dev Tools for Django and Web2Py

Grace Law grace at lolapps.com
Mon Jul 18 17:37:26 CEST 2011

Benchmarks according to Massimo:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipierro at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] Reminder - Tonight: SF Python meet-up featuring
Dev Tools for Django and Web2Py
To: Grace Law <grace at lolapps.com>

Not sure how to respond so I email you.

benchmarks really depend on what the code does. I can only say the speed is
very much comparable with that of Django. On my laptop (2.2GHz Mac) one
hello word app runs at 3.8ms/request. The DAL has negligible overhead in
writing the queries, some overhead in parsing the query response if you
fetch lots of records at the same time (should be similar to Django but I do
not have numbers). For a typical web app my experience is the bottle neck is
the database and independent on the framework.

Massimo