[Baypiggies] Mac users using wxPython

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Mon Jan 10 19:30:41 CET 2011

> I'm assuming you mean you downloaded wxPython from wxpython.org, not to
> be confused with the Python Software Foundation's python.org.
wxPython is not available from python.org, so that's not an issue

> I am a fan of MacPorts for a lot of things but, if you are are going to
> use the wxPython installer, life will probably be a lot easier if you
> stick to the 32-bit python2.7 python.org installer because the wx

There was no choice for 32 or 64 bit installers, so I would assume it
is a 32-bit installation.
I've downloaded this installer
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-2.8.11.0-universal-py2.7.dmg
which is the one that gave me the error message  during the postflight script

> There's no reason you can't have both versions of python2.7 installed,
I'd rather stick with 32-bit software for now, much less chance of problems.

> On the other hand, MacPorts appears to have its own ports of wxPython
> available.  So you could try that out, too:
>
> $ sudo port selfupdate
> $ sudo port install py27-wxpython

Will try that since the other one didn't work.