[Baypiggies] Career Advice

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 19:16:04 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Bryce Verdier <bryceverdier at gmail.com>wrote:

>   I am aware of the option to program for an open source project, but I'm
> not sure which one. Though I am looking. ;)

Why not try Python-core or Django or Pinax (check on the status of Pinax
before you start though)?
Probably port a few apps over to Python 3?
Some experience with GAE would be an added icing to show that you can 'do'
stuff?

Btw, you will learn hell a lot by just hanging around in #python or
python-dev mailing list.
I have never committed anything in python, but did look at peephole
optimization before the unladen
efforts took place - learnt hell a lot. Though i hardly touch that arena any
more.