[Baypiggies] How to determine what unit tests cover a code change?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:33:06 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Nick Stinemates <nstinemates at gmail.com> wrote:
> How are dependencies being managed? Are you using mocks?  Fixtures?
> Even for thousands of tests, it feels like it's taking way too long. As a
> counterpoint, our software has tens of thousands of tests and we can build
> the entire solution in less than an hour.

Some of our tests are using mocks and/or fixtures, but most of them
aren't.  And in many cases, the tests are bringing up the entire
application when they set up, and stopping it when they tear down.

As you might imagine, there's a huge difference in speed between the
tests that use mocks and/or fixtures and the tests that don't.
Unfortunately, we don't have the time or money to fix up all the unit
tests to use them.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>