[Baypiggies] Perl vs Python debate live from OSCON 2011

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:38:10 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>
>> My point is that language wars may be boring, but there are real
>> differences between languages and language wars are one way that people
>> get information about them.
>>

> True. But i would like to rephrase your statement by saying that, 'actual
> fun' is when you meddle with other languages and learn. Unless you get your
> hands dirty, you dont actually *know* how it is.
>
> Aye Aye on Python...no other language comes closer.

I'm a totally language fanatic, so I'm always happy to talk about
differences in programming languages.  I'm currently moving on from my love
affair with Scala to flirting with Go.  As for Ruby on Rails, although I
like Python a bit more than Ruby, I prefer to use Ruby on Rails when I'm
doing web development.

-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with
great love. -- Mother Teresa