[Baypiggies] Dropbox anyone?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Apr 28 15:41:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011, Stephen Cox wrote:

> Everyone who writes python is aware of Baypiggies. Also, Dropbox is in
> SFO. They probably lurk on this list (like i usually do).

Actually, there are quite a few people who use Python without any
involvement in the Python community, even to the extent of being almost
unaware that there *is* a Python community.  That includes ignorance of
mailing lists such as BayPIGgies.  I run into them all the time in my
interviewing.  I was more shocked about that a few years back, but
Python has gotten sufficiently mainstream that many people pick it up at
work now.

Obviously, in the case of Dropbox, the fact that they did a talk at PyCon
means it's a near-certainty that some of them know about BayPIGgies and
likely lurk (or even participate).

definition, not smart enough to debug it."  --Brian W. Kernighan