[Baypiggies] Interactive Visualization with Python

Paul Ivanov pivanov314 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:01:49 CEST 2011

Guido van Rossum, on 2011-04-04 10:33,  wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Abhishek Pratap <abhishek.vit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am just getting started with Python and coming from the perl background I
> > am loving the neatness in the language. To give myself some incentive to
> > learn py more quickly, I am wondering if there is a nice visualization
> > toolkit I could use.  My requirements are as follows.
>
> > 1. Scalable to render very big datasets ( ~ 1-5 million rows)
> > 2. If possible some interactivity with the plots would be wonderful
> > 3. Could be put on web if needed.
>
> > If you guys could suggest a nice library/toolkit in python that could help
> > me with the above points, it would sure help me climb the learning ladder
> > faster.
>
> Search for mumpy, scipy, matplotlib.

That first package should have been numpy:
<http://numpy.scipy.org/>

As for putting things on the web - take a look at Sage:
<http://www.sagemath.org/> - it's a power pack of mathematical
software (which bundles the three above, along with many, many
others) - and provides a web-based notebook interface for
interactive and collaborative work.

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: