[Baypiggies] Baypiggies- background info needed

jim jim at well.com
Mon Apr 4 20:23:39 CEST 2011

    Moving the meeting out of the Google campus
coincides with a decrease in meeting attendance.
My guesses are
* there's a luster to meeting at the Google campus that
  was lost.
* the first two or three meetings not on the Google
  campus created some confusion and broke some people's
  habits.
* at about the same time as the change of meeting
  place, a few python interest groups were established
  in San Franciso, and it's likely a few baypiggies
  attendees shifted their schedules to those groups.
* the change to 3.0 highlights the maturity of the
  language, and it may be that some baypiggies
  attendees became sufficiently specialized that they
  could not justify the time commitment (topics are
  necessarily somewhat general and introductory, given
  the perceived need to be accessible to a wide range
  of attendee backgrounds).