[Baypiggies] Python way to avoid usage of raise

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Oct 8 00:54:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010, Nick S Kanakakorn wrote:

> My work place has imposed a rules for no use of exception (catching is
> allowed).

I've already read the whole thread and I see that this has been
rescinded, but I wanted to point out that it's literally impossible to
write certain kinds of Python programs without exceptions because Python
uses exceptions internally for control flow that is NOT an error.  See
for example StopIteration.

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair