[Baypiggies] Business Discussion

Dylan Reinhardt python at dylanreinhardt.com
Fri Jul 23 00:41:28 CEST 2010

It's always a good idea to get more education on the relevant issues.

HOWEVER...

When it comes time to actually set up a company, do not do this yourself.
Have a lawyer do it.

Incorporation papers are pretty much boilerplate law, but you want to have
the name of a law office on your legal records. Nothing says "sue me" like
announcing to other lawyers that you are unrepresented.

In a more philosophical sense, consider that you're trying to make a living
selling expertise. If you don't believe in paying other people for their
expertise, you'll have a very difficult time understanding how to sell your
own. DIY thinking is a professional weakness, not a secret weapon.

$.02