[Baypiggies] YouTube - Software Engineers (San Bruno, CA)

Tamara Leonard tleonard at google.com
Tue Jul 13 01:57:18 CEST 2010

**
*

 YouTube is currently recruiting for positions across our Engineering
organization!!!

YouTube is an extremely team-oriented, creative workplace where every single
employee has a voice in the choices we make and the features we implement.
We work together in small teams to design, develop, and roll out key
features and products in very short time frames. Which means - something you
write today could be seen by millions of viewers tomorrow.

Despite being the world's largest online video site and part of Google, we
still have a relatively small engineering group. We are looking to add a few
key impact players to our team. Come see what it's like to work at YouTube
http://www.google.com/jobs/workyoutube !

 Software Engineer – YouTube, San Bruno, CA.

To apply, please email TLeonard at google.com

The area: Software Engineering

YouTube's (a Google company) software engineers develop the next-generation
technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to
revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills
to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working
on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and
storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user
experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising
systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.

The role: Software Engineer

You are a software engineer who can write server-side code for web-based
applications, for both internal and external use. You are also a
well-rounded developer who knows how to create robust high-volume production
applications, and can also develop prototypes quickly. The work is
challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating.

Responsibilities:

   - Designing, implementing and launching highly-visible, user-facing
   features.
   - Developing new ways for YouTube users to find interesting content.
   - Experience as an architect or technical lead on large project a strong
   plus.
   - Design and develop large scale web applications.
   - Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to create strong
   working relationship with cross-functional teams.

Requirements:

   - BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus). At least 4
   years of relevant industry experience.
   - Extensive experience in at least one object oriented programming
   language (C/C++ or Java). Experience in Python, Javascript, and Flash
   development a plus.
   - Experience in database programming; MySQL preferred.
   - Knowledge of network programming and extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
   environments.
   - Experience developing/designing large software systems.
   - Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data
   mining, and machine learning a plus.

To apply, please email TLeonard at google.com

If the timing isn't right but you would like to keep in touch, please feel
free to join my Linked In network by sending an invite to
TLeonard at google.com.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,
Tamara

*

--