[Baypiggies] Python... Systems Engineer job opening in SF

Villarreal, Mike Mike.Villarreal at adeccona.com
Fri Jul 9 01:47:22 CEST 2010

Permanent job opening in San Francisco, CA.for a Systems Engineer position for someone who has development experience and an interest in working with large scale distributed system infrastructures. If you're looking to company that allows you to be yourself (surrounded by an open-minded environment and in which the investigation of new technologies and/or processes is encouraged), dog friendly, 3 meals a day, a hip and happening environment, then this job is for you!

Company Profile:
A place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. >From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, we surface the best stuff as voted on by our users.

Responsibilities:

* Develop and improve tools that are used to manage our infrastructure

* Help manage the configurations we use throughout our environment

* Work with developers, QA, and R&D on designing and implementing maintainable system architectures

* Maintain an understanding of the infrastructure as a whole and be able to fix things if gremlins decide to wreak havoc in our systems.

Qualifications:

* Bachelors degree or higher (preferably in Computer Science)

* Experience in development and/or systems engineering

* Understanding of distributed systems

* Strong knowledge of Python (other programming languages a plus)

* Some experience with Debian and Debian packaging OR Ubuntu

* Experience with source control tools such as GitHub

* Familiarity with some or all of the following: Puppet, Apache, mysql, scribe, hadoop, mogilefs, cassandra, gearman, rabbitmq, clusto, memcached, etc.

* Experience working on some open source projects.

Mike Villarreal
Technical Recruiter
Adecco Engineering and Technical
http://www.adeccousa.com<http://www.adeccousa.com/>
M: 408.940.5071

The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. Adecco E&T offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Anniversary Bonus opportunities to qualified W2 tax term Associates at a group discount. All offers are contingent upon completion of a criminal, education, and employment background investigation. Adecco Engineering and Technical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.