[Baypiggies] Web Crawler/Backend Engineer - San Francisco, CA

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Thu Feb 4 03:53:04 CET 2010

Jeff Enderwick wrote:
> I think you insult "goto" with your statements below :-). I too have
> had good experiences with event-based frameworks. You can avoid all
> that thread pool stuff, and your state ends up in normal data
> structures that can be easily dumped and displayed (versus some
> thread's stack frame).
It just occurred to me to ask...

What experience do folks have with event based frameworks in python?

I was thinking I was going to have to write my own, but I stumbled upon
"circuits" today and then read through some of the "twisted" doc and was
surprised to find that it closely mirrored my own thoughts.

Are there others?  Are any of the implementations definitive either
positively or negatively?

--rich