[Baypiggies] Web Crawler/Backend Engineer - San Francisco, CA

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Tue Feb 2 23:50:00 CET 2010

Or even kind of CPU-bound, as I discovered some months back... lets say you
have a process that would normally be about 50% blocked on IO, and 50% of
the time chewing on the data retrieved from that IO blocking. You run more
than 2-3 of those on a multi-processor box, and you start getting
contention.

desperately hoping some of the various things being tried in unladen-swallow
pay off,

Alec