[Baypiggies] python-based test frameworks?

Luca Pellicoro luca.pellicoro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 06:55:14 CET 2010

Hey Jeff,

My favorite subject: python automated test frameworks. In terms of
test harness, there's the built in unittest library [1] which will
only get you so far. I've been happy with nosetest [2] as it is easily
extensible. Also, Testify from Yelp is a newer version of all this
[3].

Checkout stackoverflow for: python test frameworks.

For the front end testing, selenium [4], which has a python driver, is
probably one the best things out there. There's an active community of
users [5] in the bay area.

I'm curious to hear about other's experience on the topic.

Luca

1. http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html
2. http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/1.0.0/
3. http://engineeringblog.yelp.com/2010/10/now-testify.html