[Baypiggies] Slightly OT: *lightweight* Javascript frameworks?

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Thu Apr 1 05:56:04 CEST 2010

jQuery is really not that heavy - something like 24k minified and gzipped,
and there are a lot of tiny plugins that will get you specific effects.
jQueryUI is slightly more heavyweight, but you can pick and choose at which
parts of the package you actually need.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about serving up to 100k of JS (minified and
gzipped of course) to any iPhone or Android-based web browser... so unless
you're talking about some strange mobile platform, jQuery + jQueryUI is a
pretty easy choice.

Alec