[Baypiggies] Eric Raymond likes Python

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Fri Sep 18 20:11:29 CEST 2009

Yep, thought I might sneak away from this unmentioned, but Freebase does in
fact have a project where we're using OCaml to translate one query language
into another... as I understand it, the approach works well, and is the kind
of thing OCaml does well.  We're actually switching away from python to this
implementation because we found the python implementation to be very CPU
heavy.
(That said, the CPU heaviness may or may not be directly to blame on Python
- the implementation needed a rewrite anyway, and someone with OCaml
expertise simply chose that over Python)
Alec