[Baypiggies] Wiki page update

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Sep 4 17:12:02 CEST 2009

I don't consider myself an 'authority' enough on regular expressions
to make this edit (although I can explain the basics in Python). So,
I thought I would throw this out to the community and see if anyone
wanted to take the challenge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

Python is mentioned twice at the bottom. It's not, however, used in
the examples. Not every program language can be listed as an example.
Here is the text (if anyone is interested):

Regular expressions are used by many text editors, utilities, and
programming languages to search and manipulate text based on
patterns. For example, Perl, Ruby and Tcl have a powerful regular
expression engine built directly into their syntax. Several utilities
provided by Unix distributions—including the editor ed and the filter
grep—were the first to popularize the concept of regular expressions.