[Baypiggies] Chompapps Position - from Issue 31

resmith at runbox.com resmith at runbox.com
Fri Oct 30 06:54:42 CET 2009

> So, my experience is that those resumes are not tossed automatically.
> However, they must be related to the job in question. I found that the
> quality of the programmer does not decline with age, even well past
> retirement age -- especially if that person is proactive and stays current
> in their field.

Let me give a specific case. There are 4 applicants for an ENTRY LEVEL Django Python Web job. None of the applicants have any experience in Python Django. Two are just graduating from TopNotchU with Computer Science degrees and two have twenty years experience as programmers in a variety of areas, but none of it with Web applications, and they have made it clear on their cover letter that they will take a pay cut if necessary to meet the salary range of the job.

How many hiring managers will consider all four applicants equally?

Rob