[Baypiggies] Chompapps Position - from Issue 31

RYAN DELUCCHI bender at onsrc.com
Tue Oct 27 04:16:54 CET 2009

And while we are on the collective soap-box, I am just put another one
out there:  Anyone who says they are looking for a "rockstar"
programmer can just forget about ever hearing from me.  I realize that
this may seem to be kinda cute, from the surface.  But, I'm frankly
insulted by the notion that to in order to be highly skilled software
engineer: one has to be "cool" enough (hence, said engineer would be
deemed a "rockstar").

Just as I lament the fact that the media has reduced title of "hacker"
to that of a criminal.  It angers me to see the (what I believe to be
a rather beautiful) craft of software engineering be reduced to that
of some lame pop icon.

Anybody with me on this one?

Ryan