[Baypiggies] Django and Bioinformatics

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu May 28 03:48:40 CEST 2009

I know the first thing to ever do, before jumping into another
project, is to check what's already been done. I know I shouldn't
reinvent the wheel if it's already in progress elsewhere. But, I
sometimes forget.

So, before I start jumping into creating custom fields for gene
sequences, folded proteins, etc, I should see what's already been
done. I'm not having a lot of luck with my initial search. Anyone
tried working with Django for anything bioinformatic related yet?  Is
there already a library/work that's been done (Django I mean, not just
BioPython)?

Is there anyone out there who is working on a similar project now and
wouldn't mind a mind-meld over coffee?  I am doing this research to
prepare for a contract I don't have yet, so I'm in the initial stages
of pitching the contract (and elf-evaluating my skills to see if I
could do this project).

Thanks in advance for collaborating/sharing....

Cheers,

Glen
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi