[Baypiggies] [ANN] Python course, SF, Jun 09; O'Reilly/Safari webcast, Apr 09

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri May 15 01:40:03 CEST 2009

* FINAL REMINDER *

this is your 1-month heads-up for our next training course.  there are
about 10-13 spots remaining so sign up sooner than later!

- original announcement:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-April/708428.html

- more info available at:
http://cyberwebconsulting.com (click "Python Training")

- financial aid is available for those who can show they've been
laidoff and/or collecting unemployment -- contact me offlist for details

- discount for secondary and collegiate students and teachers (but not
university staff)

- multiple registration discount(s) for companies sending more than 1 person

- the class will not be cancelled so you can book your travel if
you're non-local

drop me a line if you have any questions! i'll also be at the meeting
in a few weeks so i can answer them in-person.

cheers,
-wesley

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:47 AM, wesley chun <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey folks,
>
> i'll be offering another hardcore intro to python course again this
> summer open to the public. below is the announcement... feel free to
> share with colleagues that need to learn and/or get up-to-speed
> quickly and effectively!
>
> one additional event is listed below under "PREVIEW 2"... O'Reilly has
> asked me to deliver a 1-hour Python intro webcast a couple of weeks
> from now. if it's tough for you or any of your newbie friends and
> colleagues to afford a full course in this economy, you can at least
> get a quickie intro for FREE! more info below and at this link:
> http://www.safaribooksonline.com/events/WhatIsPython.html
>
> cheers,
> -wesley
>

> Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible? Come join
> me, Wesley Chun, author of Prentice-Hall's bestseller "Core Python
> Programming," for a comprehensive intro course coming up this June in
> beautiful Northern California! Please pass on this note to whomever
> you think may be interested. I look forward to meeting you and your
> colleagues!
>
> (Comprehensive) Introduction to Python
> Mon-Wed, 2009 Jun 15-17, 9am-5pm
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> (COMPREHENSIVE) INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON
>
> Although this course may appear to those new to Python, it is also
> perfect for those who have tinkered with it and want to "fill in the
> gaps" and/or want to get more in-depth formal training.  It combines
> the best of both an introduction to the language as well as a "Python
> Internals" training course.
>
> We will immerse you in the world of Python in only a few days, showing
> you more than just its syntax (which you don't really need a book to
> learn, right?). Knowing more about how Python works under the covers,
> including the relationship between data objects and memory management,
> will make you a much more effective Python programmer coming out of
> the gate. 3 hands-on labs each day will help hammer the concepts home.
>
> Come find out why Google, Yahoo!, Disney, ILM/LucasFilm, VMware, NASA,
> Ubuntu, YouTube, Slide, and Red Hat all use Python. Users supporting
> or jumping to Plone, Zope, TurboGears, Pylons, Django, Google App
> Engine, Jython, IronPython, and Mailman will also benefit!
>
> FREE PREVIEW 1: you will find (and can download) a video clip of a
> live lesson that was delivered recently to get an idea of the lecture
> style and interactive classroom environment at:
>
> http://cyberwebconsulting.com (click "Python Training")
>
> FREE PREVIEW 2: Partnering with O'Reilly and Pearson, Safari Books
> Online has asked me to deliver a 1-hour webcast on Wednesday morning
> 2009 Apr 29 @ 10:30a PDT/1:30p EDT called "What is
> Python?" This will be an online seminar based on a session
> that I've delivered at numerous conferences in the past. It will give
> [...]

"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com