[Baypiggies] Looking for a Python/Django Engineer

Nic Bingham Nic at jivaroinc.com
Sat May 2 00:50:24 CEST 2009

I am looking for someone for a key position with my company.  Please
email if interested.

Sr. Software Engineer or Architect (To be the CTO)

The Senior Software Engineer or Architect is the sole individual
responsible for managing and further evolving of our software-directed
systems. As for our photo fulfillment systems, the operations include
production, image gallery, and transaction processing. At the corporate
level, these include internet hosting and monitoring, search indexing,
and database management, among others.

The successful candidate will be an expert in the following standards
and languages / systems:
* Python, optimally with Django 1.x
* Perl
* MYSQL
* PHP
* Linux
* Javascript
* XSLT, XML and others

Additional Qualifications/requirements:
* 5 years minimum real world experience engineering web solutions for
LAMP stacks
* Strong relational DB knowledge (table optimization, query
optimization)
* Ability to prioritize and lead multiple simultaneous projects
effectively
* Enthusiasm for architecting and implementing solid, scalable,
extensible solutions
* Strong verbal, written, analytical and communication skills

This position reports directly to the company's President and is part of
the senior management team. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated,
hands on professional who is a self-starter and proficient with managing
details while keeping the big picture in mind. We value positive
attitudes and professionals who can successfully navigate through
ambiguous and challenging situations.

We offer an exciting and unique opportunity for the ambitious developer
who wants to play a large part in one of the net's next e-commerce
sensations!

Compensation is comprised of both salary and equity incentives.

About the Company
We are located in Emeryville, California, and provide the highest
quality photo prints to consumers via purchases made at its own web site
and at the sites of its partners. Over 800 of the world's top media
companies including National Geographic, The Associated Press, Gannett,
The Washington Post, AOL, and Yahoo, have partnered with us to monetize
their vast image holdings via sales to the public. By taking the
partners image archives and feeds direct to the public, we create
brand-promotion opportunities and revenue streams that have not
previously existed.

We are a privately funded entrepreneurial venture which has recently
made a strategic and management restructuring. At this new stage of our
growth, we are very excited to be advancing to the next level in our
company's development!

Culture: We have a relaxed, intimate and informal environment. As a
growing dot com we work hard but like to have fun doing it. Every team
member is a valuable contributor to achieving the company's objectives.
Our flat corporate hierarchy supports team players, not strong egos.

Nic Bingham