[Baypiggies] draft of pycon talk

Minesh Patel minesh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:57:43 CET 2009

>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm presenting at Pycon this year, about "Building an
>> > Automated QA
>> > Infrastructure using Open-Source Python Tools":
>> > http://us.pycon.org/2009/conference/schedule/event/22/
>> >
>> > If anyone has some spare cycles and would like to help me
>> > with some
>> > feedback, I have a draft which I would sincerely appreciate
>> > comments
>> > on:
>> >
>> > http://redsymbol.net/media/pycon-draft/pres1.odp
>> > http://redsymbol.net/media/pycon-draft/pres1.ppt
>> > http://redsymbol.net/media/pycon-draft/pres1.mp3
>> >
>> > That last link is a recording I made of myself going
>> > through it.  It
>> > is about 33 minutes; you can just glance through the slides
>> > instead if
>> > that's too long.  I pretty obviously tripped over my
>> > tongue a few
>> > places, which I'll hopefully manage to correct by the time
>> > I give the
>> > talk, so please focus on the more general content.  In
>> > particular, if
>> > there is something that I don't explain that should be
>> > explained, or I
>> > use jargon without defining it, etc., please point that
>> > out.  If
>> > anything important is missing, or if I put something in
>> > there for some
>> > reason actually shouldn't be there, that is what I would
>> > like to know
>> > about.
>> >
>> > I can say right now that I repeated myself several times
>> > and talked too
>> > long on some minor points.  So I'll practice to
>> > improve those things.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Aaron

Just reviewing the slides, I like the flow as well. I like how you
emphasize QA/testing, but it would be nice if you could provide more
details testing in Buildbot. I did the see the Twisted Trial steps in
the master.cfg, but I guess a little more details about it would help
since the topic is Automated QA, IMHO. Maybe something like the test
code needs to subclass the Twisted's unittest and it recursively
searches for test_* functions.

--
Thanks,
Minesh Patel