[Baypiggies] Fwd: UG News: New O'Reilly Training: Master Classes in San Francisco

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Mar 18 16:12:17 CET 2009

> OTOH, do these guys share the presentations on public domain?

Several full length courses for Douglas Crockford are online. For
example, here is a particular video series:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/630959/2974197

It's not the one that I subscribed to in iTunes, so there are
definitely several. The one I have is a four-part video series of the
course. And, its *incredibly* helpful. The book "JavaScript: The Good
Parts" is also *awesome*!

I still would *love* to see him in person. I just can't afford it
right now. But, that's been a common theme for me since this past
April. I wanted to attend classes from speakers from this group --
like, for example, the classes Wesley teaches. But, I hadn't been able
to for the same reason.

Would anyone be interested in getting together, watching the Crockford
videos, and then collaborating/challenging each other to practice what
we learned? This would, ideally, be after March so those who did
attend the Crockford class in person can also share knowledge with the
rest of the group. It's just an idea to kick around.

Cheers,

Glen