[Baypiggies] Super Happy Dev House

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 02:25:38 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
> Anyone going to Super Happy Dev House in Cupertino on Saturday?

Great idea. Would anybody like to see what I am doing in Python to
make Turtle Art more suitable for teaching math and Computer Science
ideas to elementary school students? Also in Inkscape. I'm taking the
text off the tiles and substituting icons, so that we can see how much
of Turtle Art works with preliterate children. For the older ones,
Euclidean geometry, analytic geometry, calculus, fractals, a toy
Turing machine (finite tape, finite symbol set), programming in
snap-together trees, not text...

> SuperHappyDevHouse
> 31. March 14, 2009.
> 21677 Rainbow Drive, Cupertino,CA.
> 1:59pm-11pm. Yes, it starts at 3/14 1:59...
>
> It's Pi Day (starting on 3 1 4 1 5 9.....  3/14 1:59)
> I'm not certain I'm going to go.. I have another event I could go on...

Yes, it's Cabal day, too.

>  Buuttt.. if other BayPIGgies are going... =)
> Cheers,
>
> Glen
> --
> 415-680-3964
> glen at glenjarvis.com
> http://www.glenjarvis.com
> "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)