[Baypiggies] Job Requirements PEP

Charles Merriam charles.merriam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:56:01 CEST 2009

So, will there be a PEP for how to hire and evaluate Python
programmers?   Python would be the first language to explicitly even
think about what a programmer should know.  It could provide a topic
list or point system for competence in Python  constructs and aspects.
 It might provide a guideline for other professionals to get an early
pass at competence.

My intuition is that this idea deserves a vigorous, silly, in person
debate.  After which, one person will write "The Purity Test:  Python
Edition", and, more likely than not, no answers will be found.

Charles