[Baypiggies] Python Software Engineering/San Francisco

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 5 04:09:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009, Glen Jarvis wrote:

> I received this in my inbox from an unknown recruiter. I'm sorry to SPAM
> the group, but I know currently we're relaxing our rules to help our
> community in tougher times. Therefore, I'm forwarding this on in case
> it's helpful -- it is NOT a qualified lead.

This is for adroll.com, compare with today's post from Rob Webb:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/baypiggies/2009-June/004887.html

Glen, unless you put a bit more effort into vetting ads, I think it would
be better if you stopped for now -- it's important for the community to
see any specific job only once per month, preferably from the company
that is offering the job, which is why we had the original restrictive
rules.  If you're not the company offering the job, please CAREFULLY
review ads from the previous month to ensure that you're not duplicating.

I'm not biting your head off, just keeping the focus on maintaining a
high signal-to-noise ratio.

(This isn't directed only at Glen, BTW, but everyone who is posting ads.)

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23