[Baypiggies] Cairo Question

Andy Toulouse andrew at atoulou.se
Tue Jul 28 02:07:25 CEST 2009

I've had good experiences with Cairo. One caveat is that because the C
documentation is solid, the Python bindings are not as well
documented. However, this is a minuscule annoyance, the bindings map
very well.

For streaming out images I believe a common idiom is to write the PNG
to a cStreamIO object. I am not familiar with the SVG backend of
Cairo, unfortunately, and if you run into issues I'd say they're most
likely to be here.

In any case, it's a fun API, and pretty speedy IMO. Have fun and I
hope to hear about your experiences with it!

--Andy