[Baypiggies] Experienced software engineer available for a new position

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 03:44:43 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Thomas DeBenning
<tomdebenning at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't know if this correct usage of the mailing list so please forgive me
> if it is.
> I am a senior software engineer with over 15 years of experience.  Recently
> I have been developing primarily in python (last 2-3 years) and Ruby.
>  However I also have many years of experience with Java and C/C++.  Have
> taken up Erlang and Haskell recently has well, though not completely fluent
> yet.
> I also have a MBA in marketing but I am looking for a heads down coding
> position.
> If interested just reply back and I will provide you with my resume and
> other details.  I currently reside in the south bay.

A lot of us are looking for work right now.

(As moderator:)
I'm going to say that postings such as this are definitely allowed.
Please observe rules similar to the job posting rules here:
http://baypiggies.net/new/plone/job-listings

* You must subscribe to the BayPIGgies mailing list so that you can
read discussion of your ad

* Principals only, no recruiters.

* Each person may post one ad per month

* Only post if you are looking for a Python job

* Please restrict the geographic region to the greater SF Bay Area and
Silicon Valley, roughly south down to Monterey, north to Santa Rosa,
and (north)east to Sacramento

If anyone has a problem with this decision, feel free to send me email.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
with great love. -- Mother Teresa