[Baypiggies] Meeting: 8-Jan 2009 Web Scraping/Draft Video Ready

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Jan 14 21:19:40 CET 2009

I spun the last of the video out, but it's not all edited. I don't
think most of our audience will care about the editing right now. I
have a feeling that many would rather see a rough draft, where most of
the info can be gleaned, instead of having to wait for a finished
product.

This is in Quicktime webstreaming format. It will be converted to You
Tube/Flash at a later date. We still need to:

* Augment the audio (there are some more filters that I can use to
make this more understandable. Mics will be used in the future)
* Edit in the slides for the main presentation. This will take out any
video 'zooming' or camera movement that is still present
* Make chapter titles
* Add a splash page/frame
* Edit into 'You Tube' size clips and upload to You Tube

But, until then, here's the info so you can get started and not have
to wait:

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/BayPIGgies_2009_01_08_draft.mov

Thanks for letting me do this.

All the best,

Glen Jarvis
P.S. Although you can start watching immediately, the video is only
25% uploaded at the time of this email being sent. Allow another 25
minutes or so (by 1:00 p.m. PST) for the complete video to be
uploaded. I'm at a Pete's, using their internet, waiting for another
job interview.
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi