[Baypiggies] other user groups in the area

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:49:52 CET 2009

>Needing to promote the living daylights out of upcoming Plone 3 training course.
>have any suggestions for good places to advertise? Other user groups in the area that might be interested?

- 1) the 'Python' group on LibkedIn.com

2) I use LinkedIn.com/answers and it's brilliant

Category: Technology > Web Devpt
http://www.linkedin.com/answers/browse/technology/web-development/TCH_WDD
You can simply ask: "Are you interested in attending this event?"
(if this is for-profit or advertising your services, make sure to click those boxes
to avoid violating TOS)

3) PS: there is a 'Python' group on LinkedIn but no 'BayPIGgies' one. Someone might like
to start one. These do not incur any spam if you join. But they allow the concept of
discussions within the group, and people can opt-in to email digest.

3b) There are several 'Plone' groups. I think you want one with a geographical focus,
so again if ones doesn't exist, you might like to create it.

Stephen