[Baypiggies] Marginally Relevant: Open Source Value to Companies

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Tue Dec 22 02:06:47 CET 2009

On Dec 20, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Julian Snitow wrote:
> The bottom of the article reveals this charming bit of biographical
> trivia about the authors:  "Mark H. Wittow and Jessica C. Pearlman are
> partners in the Seattle office of the law firm K&L Gates."

Gates Sr. isn't known for towing his son's line.  He's a hardcore liberal,
and he doesn't seem to be is a free-marketeer.

I heard him speak during the MS anti-trust suit and he was *not* happy
about the way his boy was behaving.  He didn't bad-mouth his son, but
your could practically hear his teeth grating when a questioner brought
up the subject. It was pretty funny.

-jeff