[Baypiggies] native GUI vs. web browser

Keith Dart keith at dartworks.biz
Wed Dec 16 04:01:31 CET 2009

I did attend Mondays talk on wxPython. It was very informative. But it
reminded me of something I've been thinking about, and one other
attendee also commented on (I forgot who, sorry). That is that (it seems
to me) that native GUI development is going the way of the dinosaur. I'm
curious if anyone else thinks that is true? For me, and it seems others
as well, most user interfaces seem to be moving to browser based (HTML,
etc.) even for embedded, local, or in-house applications.

So, what is the future of native GUI development? Is there one, or will
every custom interface move to the web technologies?

-- Keith Dart

--
Keith Dart