[Baypiggies] Request to shadow software engineers

Patrick Laban laban.patrick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:40:44 CET 2009

Thank you to Stephen for suggesting I give a bit more information about
myself and what I'm looking to do.

I graduated in May with a computer science degree and recently moved from
South Carolina to the Bay area in search of my first professional position.
My background is mostly academic work along with some open-source work in
the latter half of college.  Most of my programming has been with Python 2.x
/ 3 on the business layer.  I also learned C++ through classroom experience.

Currently I am seeking a position as a software engineer, either through an
internship or a full time position.  I would like to gain experience with
cloud computing and software-as-a-service as it appears knowledge in these
areas will be crucial in the future.

The reason that I would like to shadow a software engineer for a day is that
I have no experience in a professional environment and would greatly benefit
from a better idea of a typical workday in the field.

Please let me know if you would be able to let me shadow you or of course if
you have any leads, questions, or suggestions.

Regards,
Patrick Laban