[Baypiggies] College course in bay area?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Aug 27 02:50:23 CEST 2009

Andy,

     We have at least four other instructors here at BayPIGgies. They
do send announcements to classes and they do this quite often and
professionally. Hopefully they introduce themselves to you.

     I've only just started planning a course very similar to what
you're asking for. It's very self-paced, but we work together on
assignments and you'll be assigned actual homework to 'drag you
along.'  It's a complete beginner's course. This one is free however,
since it's a 'dry run' for me in teaching a Python course. But, you
may need to supply your own laptop during class.

     The problem has been there's a good number of people who want to
attend but who are down South. However, because the original people
asking for this class are in SF and because it's a dry-first run
(very informal) class, this may work for you.

     My course will be a complete beginners course, and will most
probably be at the Civic Center Library in SF. I work at UC-Berkeley,
so it'll have to be a reasonable distance for me to get there in time
too... Let me know if you're interested.

      And, again, there are several other people who have been doing
this longer and are in a college setting. I've heard a few speak and
am impressed with their classroom demeanor...  Regardless what you
pick, you're in the right place to get help :)

Cheers,

Glen