[Baypiggies] Looking for a presenter for Thursday, Aug 26th

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Wed Aug 26 19:45:35 CEST 2009

Here's a blurb, I hope it's about the right length...:

"""
Managing software development projects can benefit from some
approaches that are rather different from most traditional management
techniques. Software developers operate with their own particular
mindset, culture and reward system. To motivate and inspire a top
programming team, one type of ideal manager is a technical peer who
can jump into the code and work hands-on, together with the
developers, to solve thorny problems. Such technical involvement can
keep a project moving forward and help the manager build credibility
and trust within the team.

In this talk, Alex Martelli discusses some common management myths,
and shares some immediately useful advice for anyone involved in