[Baypiggies] Separate jobs list?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Aug 9 01:29:47 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009, Chad Harrington wrote:

> Why don't we just have a baypiggies-jobs list?  Job seekers can
> subscribe, uninterested parties can enjoy the normal python
> discussions on the baypiggies list.  It is suboptimal to mix content
> on this list.  Is it terribly hard to set up a baypiggies-jobs list?

If you look at the archives, I bet you find that discussion about jobs
consumes about as much list traffic as the actual jobs posts.  There
simply isn't enough job posting traffic to justify a separate list; if
there ever is, I will support creating a separate list.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz