[Baypiggies] PyCon Recap

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:42:39 CEST 2009

> traffic is bad during rush hour, but i recommend CalTrain if
> possible... we're only 2.5 blocks away from the main SF station at 4th
> b/w king and townsend near pacbell park

one bullet train i recommend from the south bay is northbound train
#379 with stops at these times and prices:

5:45p san jose diridon (across from san jose arena) $15.50 roundtrip
(day pass; don't get 1-ways unless u need 'em; credit card swipers are
touchy, give yourself extra time)
5:58p mountain view/castro $12RT
6:06p downtown palo alto $12RT
6:17p hillsdale shopping center $8.50RT
6:25p millbrae/BART/SFO $8.50RT
6:37p 22nd street $5RT
6:44p san francisco

it'll take about 10min from there to walk to the office. if you want
enough time for food, you can take the earlier #373 bullet train,
which stops at the same stops but originates from san jose 20min
earlier (5:25p). here is the full timetable/schedule ...
http://caltrain.com/timetable.html ... or, ugh, call 800 660 4287

hope this helps those who intend on taking the train,
-wesley