[Baypiggies] Brainstorming new talk ideas...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 05:11:13 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:
> I don't know the official schedule, but I imagine that our next BayPIGgies
> meeting will be sharing "What I learned from PyCon."

> However, for the May meeting, I'd like to pitch an idea.

I'll bid for June, then. Sugar 0.84 is out, including a lovely new
version of Turtle Art. It includes a tile where you can put in any
Python you like. I'm using that and some other new facilities to
design math, Computer Science, and programming lessons for schools in
the OLPC program.

> I'd like to see a
> Django themed evening. I'm a big fan of Pylons and other frameworks -- in
> fact, I want to learn more about them -- especially for larger scaled
> systems. But, my bread and butter these days is Django and I am going deeper
> and deeper into it. I also saw that Simeon and quite a few others do Django
> work.

> I could do an introductory talk (or handle a topic of interest), but I'd
> like to see others do a more advanced subject. For example, Simeon mentioned
> a profiling tool for Django (which I'd not used before and would like to
> learn more about).

> What do you think about a 'Django themed' evening? What topics are people
> most interested in? Who else would be willing to speak?

Sounds good. Not me. ^_^

> Cheers,
>
> Glen
> --
> 415-680-3964
> glen at glenjarvis.com
> "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)